Thursday, January 14, 2010

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight!!!" (1/13/10)

Good gracious, I've been listening to this song too much. XD I've exhausted almost every version of The Lion Sleeps Tonight on Youtube. I really, really want to do an vocals only (achapella?) group singing this at Pope. Gah... soooo much I want and need to do/make happen.

Want to take a group down to the Avenue and have everyone pose, frozen, in some of the clothing stores windows for 5 minutes. Just to see what peoples reactions should be. Need to plan that for a Fri, Sat, or Sun. =P And I have a great idea for a video I want to do for Pope that I need to get on making cause it will take a bit to finish. =)

Inty died, so I'll save this and post tomorrow morning. =D

John 14
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray to the Father, and He will give you another Helper that He may abide with you forever- 17 the spirit of truth, whom the world cannot recieve because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you."

God comes to us if we call to him. Just a swimmer in the ocean, we must swim to the rope before we can grab on and be rescued. He cannot make us grab the rope. We must choose Him. He wants to save us, but we have the will to choose not to accept His love. Too often we think we can take on the world ourselves. Let's be strong. We can make it. But we can't, not without Him at our back. And even then, He also gives us friends. Friends that help boost our faith and love for others, God, and ourselves. For we can't do anything until we love ourselves.


Talked with Graydon a good bit tonight about relationships. So often we get caught up in our own thoughts about our inadequacies, we forget what the relationship is about. If you're with someone, it's obvious that they are with you despite those very failures. It's not a reason to not work at changing, but it's not something to stress about. It's life. Enjoy being with those you love. Make memories that years from now you will look back on, laugh, cry, smile, and remember what good times you had together. Why sweat something that you're just going to feel bad about sweating about later? Most importantly though, always be true. Communicate. Tell your other if there's something bothering you. Even if it's a simple, "So what can I do to be a better boyfriend/girlfriend?" and then listen. Be open to suggestions. Listen for their thoughts. If they comment disagreeably on something that you've done, think about changing or at least talk over it some evening. If they don't want to talk about it, let it go. You're not responsible for what they think. You can only do your best every time the sun rises.

I hope that helps anyone who's been questioning some of these things like myself. Biggest thing I'm going to work on right now is taking chances. First time dater, I'm so afraid I'm going to do something wrong. But this is what dating is about. Dancing in the rain, having a tickle fight on the couch, having a pillow fight, mixing three cocoas to see what it tastes like and sharing it, kissing in the middle of the crowd, giving surprise flowers, etc. So many that I've been tempted to do but haven't, not sure of what it's going to be like. Taking a stand now. Why the /hell/ have I not done some of this stuff? That is what makes life memorable. ^^ So, goal for each day is to surprise myself at least once by doing something even I wouldn't expect. ^^ Yesterday was wearing a scarf as a turban most of the day. Today was shaving my mustache. I swear I look like a kid again. Not a bad thing either. I think I'm growing up too fast anyway, might as well look as young as I can get away with. =D Got a lot of comments on my half-stashe most of the day though. =D Fun, fun stuff. Tomorrow, who knows? =D Miranda, if you're reading this, you might want to prepare yourself a little, though I do say you're probably going to enjoy this semester a bit more than last. =D

Song of the night - "Don't Blink" - (I believe by) Garth Brookes

I don't think much about the poems I post, at least not like the ones we're going over in class. But I hope you're enjoying them. =)

Actually, tonight I have the perfect poem I've written before. If I already posted this once, oh well, it works too well. =D

"Take a chance, take a risk.
Play the game, spin the disk.
Turn it up, turn it down
Inside out and all around!
You trip, you fall
You might lose the ball,
But each moment you learn
To take a different road turn.
The destination may be pretty,
But life is all about the journey!"

Again, I encourage anyone reading this to comment, agree, disagree, ask a question, anything. I love answering questions. ^^ Makes me feel smart. XD Even if I answer wrong. ;]

Night!

-Jake Kelton

No comments:

Post a Comment